Family Night at the Hardy's

We just had a family weekend. My husband, Tony, and I were beat so we just played Halo with the girls . It went something like this:

“I see Bob... I’m coming to get you Bob... I’m going to kill Bob....” chants my 9 year old followed by, “One more for me. Oh, look, there’s Hardy.... I’m coming to get you Hardy... What, where’d you go.... there you are... I’m going to kill Hardy....” 

My screen goes dark. I’m dead. I know she’s a sweet little girl and doesn’t realized the panic and terror she’s invoking with her high pitched monolog of doom, but hey, it works!

Then there’s my six year old: “I see Dad. I’m going to jump over you and kill you.” Followed by massive giggling. And sure enough, that’s just what she does: Jumping as she makes her avatar jump and spinning as she kills him with two punches to the back of the head.

Then you hear the girls fighting, “No fair making a fortress! That’s cheating!”

Apparently, my youngest has developed an interesting strategy in Halo. She buys a cache of weapons, stashing them in a corner. Then she plants mines all around the area so only she knows the safe route. Next she walks into the open until she spots another player. 

You can guess what comes next. Blam! You step into a mine as you chase her. Not bad for a 6 year old.

As the girls fight,it is a sight to see. They stand in the middle of the room, jumping around and ducking as they try to evade and strike at the same time.

This is all due to, Nacho, our foreign exchange student from Spain. He was a great teacher and should be proud of his students - they have now become masters of Halo.

1 comment: